Thursday 28 November 2013

Things that I love...

I spent the whole day at the clinic yesterday, it was a long day....

I saw some beautiful things and I saw some sad sights, instead of writing about anything cancer/panda related, I thought I would reflect on how positive my week has been.

I have driven myself to all my radiation appointments.  My friend Wendy drove me in to my chemotherapy appointment on Monday, and mom drove me home, but the rest I have done all by myself.  The dr's had said that by the end of week 2 that I would be well into my fatigue, and nausea and or diarrea would have me at it's helm.  Well knock on wood, it hasn't yet, and I am determined to finish the week off on my own terms.

Enough of that....these are some of the things that I love.

1. My kids. for all their wonderful glory, smiles, laughs and endless amounts of time they want to just chill with me, I love them.

2. Diet Coke.  The fizz, the cold, the je ne sais q'auis...je t'aime

3. Facebook.  For being such a private person, it allowed me to splay myself out like bambi on the ice, share my innermost fears, and have friends from long ago and near and dear support me and cheer me on.  Wow.

4. Nicknames. I love them, most of you close to me has one.  Even I have a few myself.  I think they are a term of endearment.

5. Friends. Great friends, old friends, new friends....you are all important to me, and I love you.

6. Music.  Music can be such a social experience but yet such a personal one.  I like both, but these days I am a picky music person.  I love my new picky tunes.

7. Smiling.  I lost mine for awhile.  It wasn't worth it, I feel like I gave it away at the wrong time.  Not this time.  I am using my smile, to be positive, to not let this panda beat me, and to let others know, that I am ok....because I am :)

8. Laughing. A baby's giggle.  An inside joke, a silly joke you just can't stop thinking about.

9. Love. No matter the kind, even when it hurts, it is all around.  Love is all you need.

10. Writing.  This.

2 comments:

  1. Sarah we admire your strength. Courage & positive outlook...I realize that what you are going through could happen to anyone of us. Your journey and musings are inspiring.
    "Far too many people spend their lives reading the menu instead of enjoying the banquet" unknown
    Be well Sarah
    Colin

    ReplyDelete