Wednesday 6 November 2013

The latest...

This week has not turned out to be the week I was hoping it would be.

Hurry up and wait is the theme.

Good news....results from the PET scan is that no Panda cells have travelled outside the pelvis/belly.

Yay!

Change in treatment news....because the lymph nodes in the pelvis look to be slightly affected, they don't want to take any chances. The team of Dr's have decided to change the "volumes" of my radiation. Basically that means they are turning up the volume on my treatment.  

It went from a very aggressive treatment plan to, an extremely aggressive and very difficult treatment plan. They will know almost right away if I can tolerate this plan. They will look to see if I become nauseous or have diarrhea after the treatment.

It still is the plan to take an oral chemotherapy drug, to enhance the effect the radiation will have on the cells in my pelvis.

They are doing a large area to be safe.  

My kidney has been affected. It does not have any panda cells, but it's not happy being in the same place with all the bad kids. There is a small surgery planned, to help the kidney out.

Once the radiation is over, it's still going to be 5 days a week, for 5 weeks. I will have to go to Vancouver for some further treatments. That's not on the radar yet tho. I need to get thru the radiation.

The panda is advanced and being an asshole. I've dealt with people like that before, I don't think I will have any problem with cells that behave that way ;)

xox
s

3 comments:

  1. Oh the waiting sucks! Glad to hear the little buggers haven't spread anywhere else. Are they going to do your radiation twice a day with this new plan? At least with the radiation they do build up to the higher doses. What is your new address? Send me a message...Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm... Overjoyed that there is containment in the pelvic area, but not happy about the lymph nodes being affected. Glad your kidney may get relief soon - sounds like it has been working overtime to do its job. Aggressive seems the word of the day. Now you have your plan. I lived by a quote I read after Mom got sick: "You may not be able to control the wind, but you can adjust your sails." Boy, we would never predict parts of our life to turn out the way they do; it sure gives us a new perspective. The grace you have shown in dealing with this life changing discovery provides those who adore with the utmost respect for you sweetie. You are strong. You are wonderful. You are amazing. I love you for the friend, Mom and caring person that you are and have been since the day I met you 17 years, 1 month and 20 days ago!
    Much Love,
    Jacquie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear the cancer cells haven't spread beyond the pelvis. Grap hold of that & embrace the aggressivness of the treatment to hold off those buggers. If, at any time your mom isn't available to take you to appointments, even to Vancouver, just pick up the phone - my day will be yours, no questions asked.

    ReplyDelete