Friday 22 November 2013

Week 1 in the books...

Despite some very personal affronts and disappointments from others, that, I gave myself a day to wallow in, this week has not been as bad as I thought it would be.

I know that I wrote and shared my inner most thoughts, but I wouldn't be true to myself or others if I let on it was all sunshine and roses, because it's not.  

Regular life does not stop when you have to undergo drastic measures to save your own life.

People will still be assholes, great people will still be great....life goes on...

It's not been that bad of a week. Radiation has been a bit of a grind. Only the last two days I have started to feel nauseous after the treatment. Now, I will start taking a gravol before I go, that will help. I am noticing a bit of fatigue, but not that much yet.

I had to meet with the Nutritionist at the clinic yesterday. I have lost weight since my diagnosis and they want to keep an eye on that. I was thankful for some tips on what may come, once the radiation starts to wear the rest of my body down. I thought I should also confess my Diet Coke addiction....which prompted her to confess her Diet Pepsi addiction!!!

This resulted in the ultimate stare down, she let me win, but probably cuz I have cancer ;).

Thankfully she didn't tell me to stop (hear that everyone), she told me to substitute every other one with a club soda or a Perrier if I could. The last thing they want is for me to be stressed during treatment, so quitting anything isn't recommended at all.

Me and all my other bad habits cheered silently.

I finally got to get my hair done, yay!

I met my wonderful friend Tegan for lunch.

Then on a whim, before I went for radiation yesterday I visited some of my old friends from work!

I didn't have a lot of time, but what a great feeling that was. Grabbing hugs, sharing smiles and just being in the same company with them again was a great feeling. Having their support means the world to me, it was just what I needed to get me through the rest of the week. Thanks guys....it was so nice to see each and every one of you.

This weekend, my girlfriend Jacqui and her sister Jodi are coming up from Seattle. We are going to have a wonderful girlie weekend. I know we will have a ton of laughs and good times, and I can't wait.

Thank you everyone for sticking by me this week. Sadly it was more difficult on a personal level then it was on a cancer level, but that's how the cookie crumbles....

Jesse, Hayley and Sophie - I love you, I love you, I love you...
LD...I did it pooper, so can you ;) ... I love you

Mom, thank you for being the best mom in the whole entire world, I simply could not do this without you.  I love you!

Happy Birthday to my wonderful sister Kate...I love you xox

Have a great weekend everyone!

xo s

2 comments:

  1. Sarah I am glad to hear that the last two treatments went well and that every other crappy thing this week has worked itself out!!! I am sitting here with Oluchi (yes she is sitting up by herself...ok well slumping over by herself) and am happy that things went so well. Thanks for the bday wishes...have a great weekend :) Love you...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Week 1 down, Sarah, only 4 more to go. Your 1/5 of the way there, losing some weight, seeing some amazing friends, surrounded by outstanding doctors, building a new found confidence, keeping a positive attitude, so any of those negatives can & will be beaten! LOVE YOU , GIRL.

    ReplyDelete