Friday 8 November 2013

Let's end this week on an ok note....

Most of the Dr's at the Cancer Clinic are usually quite guarded, they don't usually say too much, which is understandable, but frustrating at times.

I had a Dr this week, who wasn't as guarded.  I have to give it to her, she was running behind, a bit flustered and I had to wait a long time.  I didn't mind, but I knew she was at the end of her day.

She came in and introduced herself.  She was my Oncologist, my medical oncologist.  The one who mixes up the potions for my chemotherapy, the chemotherapy that I will take prior to my radiation every 7 days.  More on that to come...

As she was looking through my file, she was kid of mutterimg to herself....catching up on who I was basically.  After a little while, she found the information she was looking for...

"Ah! I found it...ok, it's cureable we are going for the gold, the 5 weeks will be hell for you, but the good news is that it is cureable" she said

Ummm...what?  Did I finally just get some good news?  I mean, I know I can beat this, but any kind of hope from a white jacket...is better then a cold Sleemans, you know what I am saying??

Let's just break that bad boy down....

"..its cureable"

"we are going for the gold"

And putting it all together......

"Its cureable.....we are going for the gold!"

I will take that, and a beer thank you very much!


Have a happy weekend everyone

xox s

7 comments:

  1. AHHAHHHAAA! I love her..."Dr. O"... "Potion Maker"! I will take that and CHEERS to you too, Honey! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best news I have heard this week Sarah! Thanks for sharing. Hope, strength and determination will win this battle. Now you have all three in your corner. The challenge is on my friend.

    13 days until our visit!!!!!!
    Luv ya dearly,
    Jacquie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post made my heart smile! Of course you are going to beat this, no question...but I agree the white coat confirming it must have felt amazing :) Love you to bits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have consulted the best medicine people I have had,as teachers,on just how to intervene:and I'l come and see you...you just tell me when,is best :) We'll get thru this..no matter what Gary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo!!! Going for GOLD baby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My heart leapt when I read this, Sarah. Such good news! Now to get in there & get the job done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :0 :) :0 :)

    ReplyDelete