Saturday 16 November 2013

Let's get this party started..


I am happy to say that I do have a start date for my radiation, it's Monday. As in, this Monday. Like in 2 sleeps.

I've noticed a change in myself. 

Being sick with RA and Fibro can be excruciatingly painful, not only in body but in mind as well. It's so fucking frustrating. You can literally go to bed and not know what will be hurting the next day, or what limb will be feeling "asleep", or whether I will sleep all day. It just gets to be so defeating.

Now with the panda cells, I know exactly what needs to be done to get well. This isn't a chronic illness, it's a threat to all the cells in my body that are well. There is a cure, there is a plan, there aren't any guessing games.

The change I've noticed in myself is that I have found my confidence. Generally speaking, and previous to my current health issues....when it came to my health, I did not use it, I naively placed myself into the care of someone else and said here, fix me. That got me nowhere, other than placed on medications that were not helpful to me at all. 

Now, I am fully in tune with what is happening and where and why. There won't be a question I won't ask, there won't be a second opinion I won't seek. I have to be confidant and know what is happening in and to my body. That panda tumour has to shrink. 
 
What a lesson this will be once this is over, perhaps I will finally find a new way to live with the RA and Fibro.

I don't want to leave you with the impression that I slogged thru these past years not caring. It's just that with RA and Fibro there is not a lot that you can do. Often Dr's throw too many meds at patients, sometimes not enough. Sometimes the RA is even hiding more illnesses because it's an autoimmune disease that affects the whole body all the time. It's exhausting just to talk about...let alone having it.

Back to the party!

It starts Monday....I have no idea what to wear! what are you going to wear?

xo s



5 comments:

  1. I am glad to hear that you have a start date. I too think that this experience has shown you how strong you are and that you will find a new way to live with your other illnesses too. Love Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. That confidence and party talk is great to hear. Those things will get you through the first day. Good luck choosing an outfit! ;)

    Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5 sleeps until our own girl party starts!!! Getting very excited to see you. Can't wait to give you big hugs. I will be sending you positive thoughts this week as you start killing Panda cells!
    Luv ya,
    Jac

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope today is a breeze and you are feeling well. Thinking of you.
    xo
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sarah,
    I've just spent 20 minutes reading through all your posts. You amaze me. Two days down, three to go this week. Knock it out of the park.

    ReplyDelete