Tuesday 26 November 2013

Week 2...

This week started with a Chemo Cocktail.  I only do Chemotherapy once a week with the treatment routine I am on.  The reason I am doing the chemotherapy is to weaken the cells so that the radiation can kill them easier and faster....go chemo.

I was quite nervous.  I had taken my pre-chemo anti-nauseant meds before I left the house.  I had a great nurse who took a lot of time explaining what was happening, and what she was going to do.  Nothing really surprised me, I've been poked and prodded so much these days there really isn't anything I haven't seen. 

They first hydrate you, I was given potassium and some other stuff....I was paying attention, but I also was really concentrating on my stomach, I didn't want to be nauseous.  I know, I could have been making myself be sick....but I was good.

Chemo went in, and I was fine. I actually think that I fell asleep.  I don't think I mentioned you get some super comfy chairs that you get to lay back in.

I wasn't there long.  Although, as the room filled up, some people were going to be there for up to 6 hours.

Off I went to Radiation, and then I was done.  It seems like it was a short time, but I was at the clinic for close to 6 hours myself.  My mom drove me home, she had dinner ready but I was ready to eat.  Jesse and Sophie were...no surprise there :)  I slept for about four hours, then had something a little later.

All in all, week 2 started out ok.

Thank you again to everyone for you support

xox s

2 comments:

  1. Glad yesterday went ok and they treated you good. So wonderful to have your Mom's support. I hope the rest of week 2 goes ok for you. Sending big hugs,
    Jac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers & boobs crossed for an equally "good" week 3. And toes crossed too....
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete