Tuesday 19 November 2013

Doctor Doctor....

I'm two radiation treatments down...only 23 more to go. So far no reactions yet, I do feel some burning on my lower back. Kind of like when you stayed 5 minutes too long in the tanning bed. I am putting the recommended cream on, and hoping for the best.

I was told to watch for nausea and diarrhea, those would be my two main concerns. The super sonic panda beams are covering a lot of ground. It's not only shrinking the tumour, it's also ensuring that no new panda cells are being made. Something like that...

Long story short, it's laying it thick on my stomach, as well as my pelvis. I can only hope for good anti-nausea meds.

One thing I haven't  talked much about are my Dr's. They are all women, mostly young and all incredibly bright and well spoken. Honestly, given the territory they are working with I am incredibly thankful they are women. 

More so, it's a tough and impressive field of medicine. Each Dr has a very precise role in my treatment, they have to work independently as well as seamlessly. When it came to my radiation planning, there were no less then 3 Dr's putting there heads together. They plotted each step.

I don't know if I followed up by mentioning that I met with the Dr in Vancouver who will be doing the next set of treatments. Yes....there are more, and no...no, I can't even talk about it yet.

The Dr in Vancouver is a woman as well, she came in dressed to the nines in chic street fashion, topped with Dior glasses.

Yes...I. don't want to talk about the treatments in Vancouver that badly...I am talking fashion on my cancer blog ;).

All in all, I am in really good care. I have plenty of support at the Cancer Clinic and from each one of my Dr's. My mom and I joke that the clinic put a homing device on me, it's like they know I am in the building as soon as I walk in. Someone is always coming by to check on me, or wants me to go get a blood requisition, or has a question to ask, it's kind of remarkable actually.

I remember in my first few notes, I was angry and resentful because I had to be there. I don't feel that way now.  I know why I am there, I am determined to do and be my best while I am there....I don't want to go back once I am done, that's why.

3 comments:

  1. I am glad to hear that you are still feeling up and that the nausea hasn't started yet. I have tons of cute baby clothes to pass on to you tomorrow for your friend. We are really looking forward to seeing you...xoxoxo Kate and Oluchi (and John)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to be like you when I grow up.
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is so positive, I love it. Have I Miyagi'd you?

    ReplyDelete