Tuesday 26 November 2013

Thats what friends are for....

What a wonderful weekend!

Towards the end of the week, I was really starting to feel nauseous at a certain time at night.  I could feel the fatigue drag at some of my steps.  My last radiation appointment was early Friday morning, I had to get thru that, then get home in time for when Jacquie and Jodi arrived from the Coho.

It was so nice to see them both!  Jacquie and I get to see each other about every 5 years.  In the past 7, we have both lost a beloved parent to Cancer, so this weekend was especially important for both of us to see each other.

Like usual, after the hugs we slid into our easy friendship ways.  Getting comfy and filling each other in, this doesn't last too long since we already know.  Sophie was in her element, every time "girl weekend" was mentioned, she lit up and went to get makeup, or went to get nail polish.  I wasn't up to the nail polish because of the smells, but Jacqui and Jodi were!

Then came the make up, Sophie is a pro at putting on makeup, she had those two dolled up in no time.

It was an easy and wonderful weekend.  One that went too fast.  Jacquie made me a blanket, one side had the teal "Ribbon of hope" and the other side is a beautiful teal.  Its so soft and cozy, its all I need on my bed to sleep with.  Jodi brought me a gorgeous scarf which I have worn to the clinic both days this week.

They were wonderful guests, they let me sleep if I needed it, they made dinners and breakfasts.  My kids were here to laugh and have fun with them, and they all had a ton of fun.

Jacquie and Jodi....my house sparkled just a little less when we woke up and you two were gone on Sunday morning.  Your visit was a wonderful reminder, that no matter the miles, the trials in life, friends are never far apart.

xox s

2 comments:

  1. Sarah,
    It was a wonderful visit and I thank you for allowing us into your home. I so enjoyed all of the family time we enjoyed. It was fun to be girly and also fun to snuggle up and have some girl talk time. I left feeling so loved. For that and so much more I appreciate you and our friendship!
    Love ya, Jacquie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so lucky to have such great friends! :D

    ReplyDelete