Thursday 30 January 2014

Did someone say vacation?

I'm on vacation, vacation from the Cancer Clinic, from Doctor's, from scans, tests, blood tests, you name it....i am on vacation!

While I am sure I was counting down the minutes, hours, weeks....I can't believe that I have literally been doing radiation since November. There was a small break over the Christmas holidays, then I went straight into Internal Radiation in Vancouver. The day after I came back from Vancouver, I was scheduled for "boosts" of Radiation, that just ended today.

My Radiologist Oncologist has told me that now, I need to rest. My insides are full of the radiation, and only time will tell what the intended effects will be. Meanwhile, I need to get my groove back. The radiation took a lot out of me. No, let me rephrase that....the radiation was a monster truck, and it ran me over 426000 times. I need to sleep, I need to start eating again, once the nausea goes away of course.

This means I can get in my car and not have to go to the Cancer Clinic. I can go to the mall, or get lost in Sephora...just kidding, I never get lost there ;)

I don't have to see my Dr. until March!

There is however work that still needs to be done. I did share the good news that I had some awesome shrinkage. I am hoping for more when things settle down. My lymph nodes however still have some panda cells in them, and it seems they are quite happy to hang on to them. Good news, they haven't spread anywhere, but we really want the lymph nodes to be free of all the cells they are hanging onto. Also, we will have to see where the tumour has ended up looking like, after all the radiation has done it's job. There can be more surgery, or more treatments once this last treatment plan has ended.

That's a lot to think about, but it's all out of my hands. What I can do is take the advice given to me and treat myself well, rest and get myself back up to fighting shape again.

Hmmm what to do, what to do....

Any suggestions on what I should do on my vacation?

I'm going to write more. Different topics, maybe one about how much I love Dave Grohl (seriously...Dave call me ;)) . or maybe, I should write about books or....

The possibilities are endless....but first, I must rest.

xo

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you Sarah!!! I hope that you rest well and that the radiation just keeps whacking those panda cells down ;) Love you always...xoxo Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tansi Sarah:You have been thru enoigh to warrant a good period of recouperation,maybe a good excersize would be to spend as much time as you can:within nature herself. Getting out of the cityscope can be a.therapy,in itself-and nothing is going ro be a bigger assistant,in mamifesting wellness.Your thoughts a feelings can project much strength.I put down tobacco for you,with my elders every morning and petetion the 4 winds to provide you with balance as you walk your path...we are with you,at the medicine fire singing a dream song to you. Hiy Hiy...

    ReplyDelete