Thursday 16 January 2014

Who's up for a happier post? I know I am!

Although it didn't quote an author, I read a quote that stopped me in my tracks...

"We love to talk about life, as if it gives us an excuse to stop living it"

I've been down in the dumps about my recent treatments. I've been depressed as hell that I've had to come to Vancouver to do them no less.

I've even gone so far as possiblyconsider myself as one note, and maybe not even funny any more?!?

Who am I even to suggest?


Yes, I get lonely in Vancouver on my own. I have visited with friends, Christi and Kim and I find I am not lonely, I am very blessed. Sure, at night. I would love to yell out to my snuggle bug Sophie "I love you but for the millionth time please go to sleep!"

I am thankful that there are options for me to come to Vancouver, and that because there aren't enough OR rooms, I am not waiting, I am being accommodated. Because of this, my treatment, my prognosis and my health is just that much better.

I thought that by writing a "bland" for lack of a better word post about my treatments. I wouldn't have to talk or think about the treatments. More, no one would ask or want to know. To me, they embarrassed me. They are invasive and no bones about it, as un-fun as you could get treatment wise. I am sure there is worse, I know there is. At the time, that was my coping mechanism. In reality, the treatments are doing loads of good, fun or not.

Finally, me....one note,  possibly not funny anymore? What was that about? Boo hoo me for a few days. Sure, and they happen, more frequently then I would like, but they happen. I cry a lot (references available upon request) which is something I never used to do. I'm going to give myself a break on that too....I have had a shitload of stuff go on in the last while, I am going to have good days and bad days, just like everyone else.

I'm still damn funny ;)

xo
s

3 comments:

  1. Tansi Sarah:Time to come up outa'th' dumps,with this fullmoon (*Be glad it isn't -50,..SEE;Sask.):Crying is always been a balance with laughter,or are supposed to be;but,in our current society angle,we are not encouraged to honor that medicine,in balance. Maybe you are just catching up on the overstock of tears',you have collected,when "you never used to do that"...seems you are just about to enagage in taking the"bland" out of all of this. Big city can be not so fun,but,happiness is a state of being,not just a state of mind..all you can do is your best. That,will be your most useful :"coping mechanism",overall...I've got both eyes on you,young lady :)

    Manisi G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah . . . Having a boo hoo day is ok. Crying is ok. It's better than bottling it up . . .

    Hugs . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey sweetie, sent you a fb message about getting together. I can come and find you. let me know. g.xxx

    ReplyDelete