Thursday 9 January 2014

New Year.....new treatments..

This past week, my mom and I traveled back to Vancouver for my next set of treatments. I am to have 5 treatments over the course of the next 3 weeks.

The real downside is that it is in Vancouver. Away from my family, my kids, my support peeps, my bed.....

We stayed at the Cancer Lodge, which is kitty corner to the Cancer Hospital. It's quite nice, there is a nurse on staff, meals served, volunteer drivers, the rooms are set up for a patient, so all the aides are there if needed. It's quite remarkable, and humbling to stay there. All ages, other then children of course, each patient in their own stage of treatment, having to stay for a long period of time or a short amount.

I have two treatments next week, so I will go over Monday, and stay until Friday. It would be too much to try and come back and forth on the boat, as well as rest up for the next treatment.

I'm a bit hesitant to speak of the treatments, they aren't for the faint of heart. The first part is done while I am under anesthetic, and the other part I am awake for. The treatment itself, takes about 10 minutes, the process itself, takes about 7 hours start to finish.

1 down and 4 to go.

1 comment:

  1. I'm counting with you, Sarah! Remember, the first time we counted together the results were wonderful.

    ReplyDelete