Saturday 8 February 2014

You can call me...sleepy

This was my first week of a break. I am supposed to rest and let the effects of the radiation do its work. Also, rest from the side effects that radiation has had on me.

I was hesitant to go gung ho and make plans, or make lists of all the things I would like to catch up on. I didn't really know what I was going to be up against. My Dr's had all warned me, I would not have energy, to expect nausea, fatigue and that effects will take awhile to go away.

Well hello side effects and sleep. That's what I did....dealt with the nausea, and slept. One day, I slept thru the day and night.

It's been that kind of week. I had my ID ready in case my kids needed reminding who I was....kidding of course, I am glad they are understanding. I do know they would rather see their mom up and about, and it's hard for them to see me like this. They all have their own way to show their silent protest, when they are unhappy with our world the way it is now,  but we talk about it. It's a tough subject, but we need to keep it real....because it is.

Of course I had some waking moments this week,  not far from the back of my mind is my worry about my lymph nodes. I am hoping beyond hope that the radiation will do its job and kill the panda cells right out of there. Also the fact that there is more treatment in my future kinda bums me out. I know dwelling on this for the next month will do me no good, so I try to focus on the positive.

I've come this far. Even tho I have had some terrible side effects, it could have been much much worse. My original tumor has shrunk. I am responding positively to treatment so far. I have fantastic Dr's who are taking very good care of me.

Hopefully next week I will be able to get out more. Someone had a great idea for me, that was to plant a small herb garden. I think that's a great idea, and I will try and do that.


I would like to thank friends and family who help me everyday. Thank you for the cards and messages, they keep my spirits up and always make me smile. I love hearing from people who send me an email or a FB message.

Also, a huge thank you to Randy who offered to take a look at my car and tweak it, put a few bandaids on it to make sure it was safe for me to drive. Thank you Randy!

And a super special thank you to my mom and Aunt Judy  who showed up bright and early this morning, with cleaning supplies in hand. They made my house sparkle while I slept.....what an amazing feeling to wake up to!

Take care everyone

xo
s


1 comment:

  1. Jesteśmy podekscytowani, aby uruchomić nowy ogień Repliki zegarków Gravity Vortex podczas tak prestiżowym wydarzeniu. Jak wszystkie nasze zegarki, ten obiekt pokazuje nasze mistrzostwo ręczne know-how, która była kluczem do sukcesu Armin Strom ponad czterdzieści lat. Pokój, który rośnie jak nie myślenia dla kolekcjonerów.

    ReplyDelete