Friday 18 October 2013

Welcome!

Thank you for dropping by and checking in to see what its going to be like when I start to update on what's happening as I go thru the stages of tackling The Panda.

Why The Panda?  No freaking clue....I was asked what my blog was going to be called and that was the first thing that came to mind.  I don't want to keep referring to "cancer', I don't like the word and I consider it an uninvited guest, I also don't want to be rude....I mean I want this to go away, but I have to be nice and optimistic too right?  Panda it is!

I was delivered my diagnosis a week ago, it was weird.  What I know right now is that I have cancer in my uterus, as well as in my cervix.  I am not sure of stage, or if its been caught early, whether there will be surgery or just radiation.  I am waiting for the Oncologist to call, this person has all the answers!!

I decided to set up a blog, so that I can keep my friends and family in the know about what is going on, treatment wise, what my schedule is, even what my feelings are.  I find writing very cathartic, and I am usually at my best when I can write.

Some of you may or may not know that I have been battling with a whole host of difficult health issues since I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis and Fibromyalgia four years ago.  I am also divorced from my husband of 21 yrs (I may refer to him from time to time as x).  My children and I are all good, we've moved to a new townhouse and things are great.  Well....until the Panda!

I will have to do some tweaking I imagine once I get this up and running, its been awhile.  I won't be doing anything fancy with this blog, at least I don't think I will but you never know!

So....here we go!


1 comment: