Thursday 24 October 2013

No rest for the wicked...

I was awoken in the middle of the night, by puke. My puke. 
Really Panda? No warning, nothing?

Puking is pretty much my least favourite sport, so I am glad I was half asleep for it. I called for my son to help me, it was kind of everywhere, and I didn't have my glasses, and it scared me. He wasn't at all impressed by his hysterical mother crying about her puke, he cleaned it up, fixed up my bed, and that's all I remember.

The next morning (well, this morning) he told me he was moving out, I don't blame the kid.

So just like I was told, my phone started ringing off the hook. I'm already booked in for a PET scan in Vancouver. My mom and I will travel over there next Wednesday. My appointment is at 6:00 at night, and will take about 2 hours. I'm supposed to fast for 4 hours before that. I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess I'm going to be hella grumpy once I get out of that test!

Thankfully‎, my mom suggested we stay the night and plan for a late dinner. I was not going to argue that. Once again, thank you mom!

I also was booked for an MRI. That whole experience, gets a blog unto itself.

This morning the C‎ancer Clinic called with several appointments. One to meet with the Oncologist again. One to do the planning for when they start radiation. This, from what I understand is when I lay on the table that either is or resembles the radiation machine. From their they will graph out and "mark", the points where they are aiming all the kick ass panda beating rays.

‎The "mark" will be small tattoos. I know right? I was waiting for her to say, "you get your choice of" ...but they don't do designs I'm told, just small marks. Anyways, that's the planning phase for my upcoming radiation marathon. ‎

I've got more blood work to do, and an appointment with the Urologist.

I think I need an event coordinator.

When the hell am I going to get my roots done??

2 comments:

  1. Keep those "words to live by" in mind, Sarah. They are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah,
    The only constant in life is that it is always changing - not sure that makes me feel good, but it does remind me that if things are going good they will change and if things are going bad - they will change. Helps me be ok with things sometimes, maybe it will come in handy for you too. Cannot wait for the day coming soon (27 days but who's counting) when I get to give you the biggest hug ever. Hang in there and keep being the amazing person you are!!!! Luv u,
    Jacquie

    ReplyDelete