Friday 8 August 2014

I have the BEST news......


I got a call from my Dr's fill in last Friday evening, regarding the results of my most recent CT Scan. The win is, the tumour on my omentum has shrunk, this is great news!

The not so great news was that he sent me to the ER because the CT Scan also showed that I have blood clots in my lungs. This is a side effect from chemo, it's not great, but treatable. I have to give myself injections in my tummy with blood thinners, until the clots are gone. The good news out of this tho, is that my blood oxygen level is high, and my breathing has not been effected. So, I will poke away at myself until the clots are gone.

Wait...it gets better :)


I had my usual check in on Wednesday before my chemo session that I had yesterday (8 hrs! blech..). I always see a nurse, then my Dr., then the pain clinic if necessary.  

The nurse and I discussed how bad I had it after the last round of chemo, she had some great suggestions, so hopefully I am going to be ok this time and not laid out for a week straight.

Wait, it gets better... :)

Then it was my Dr's turn, I assumed we were going to talk about how much my tumour had shrunk, and then about the blood clots. Instead, we were going to talk about my Tumour Marker. Meaning, thru blood cells, how much active blood cells with cancer are in my body. I was of course apprehensive to hear this news, it can be a daunting number...but, I am so glad I did.

In June, before I started chemo, my Tumour Marker was 50, at the end of July.... it was 3.7

Isn't that amazing news!!!!

Our plan now is to finish off the chemo sessions, after yesterday, I only have 2 more to do. I will have a few scans, then I will be set free for a bit.

Thank you all for your positive vibes, and thank you for reading my blog because all your positive comments keep me positive!

Happy Friday everyone!

Thanks as always to my kids and super mom, love you xox


SEE....told you it was good news!!


xox
s

8 comments:

  1. That is fantastic!! Have a great weekend - I can't wait to see you xoxo
    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best news ever!! So glad things are moving in the right direction!! Love you Sarah.xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great news Sarah!!! Best I've heard in a long time. We're all pulling for you. XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful news, Sarah. SO HAPPY for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. With a positive attitude you get positive results!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know you Sarah, but I have been following your blog and am really thrilled to read this entry! I'm sure there are many, many people who you have never met that are pulling for you! Hope this recent round of chemo will be easier for you, take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah - we've never met but you knew my sister Lisa well. Lisa told me about your blog and I've been following your journey, hoping for good news. So happy for you and your family to finally get a good break. Sending healing wishes to you. Lisa would be so happy - Julie xo

    ReplyDelete