Wednesday 5 March 2014

Life on pause...

I've been doing well on my "vacation" away from treatment. Last week, I had a particularly good week, it started off with a pedicure (thank you Lizzy boo) and I had two long overdue visits with good friends. I also bought some new clothes to go with my ever dwindling frame. I spent some wonderful time with the kids, it seemed as tho they were all here everyday, which I didn't mind one bit.

Most if not all of my side effects are gone.   I can't quite shake the nausea and food thing, it's weird. I can't "make" a meal, but I could probably eat it if someone else made it. To put a meal together also requires stamina, which I don't quite have yet either. It feels like I am describing the days when I was pregnant!

Feelings wise, I am doing ok. I've had my ups and downs. I've put a lot of pressure on myself, on my body to be well again, to be a medical mystery maybe. I hope the tumour has shrunk to the size of a smartie, that way it will be easy to get rid of, then voila...I will be cancer free. I know that's not how things work, I get it but I hope that I don't let everyone down if there isn't an improvement.

My appointment with my Oncologist is next week. I have been looking forward to this appointment, and dreading it at the same time. Again, I have worries about how well my body and the radiation have gotten rid of the cancer, but also looking forward to it so that I can get out of this holding zone. I liked that I had a break from treatment, but I haven't really been able to plan anything or really do anything until this appointment.   Depending on what happens next week will dictate potentially how I may spend the next 4-6 months...or not.

That's the hard part, not knowing. There is a lot of that in the cancer world...


xo

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could cook some meals for you! Keep smiling. :)

    ReplyDelete