Friday 14 March 2014

Rolling in the know....

I was back at the Cancer Centre today. First time since I was sent on my 6 week vacation. I was nervous, and let's face it, very tired considering I had two hours sleep.

I really wasn't sure what to expect from this appointment. I knew I would be poked and prodded, asked a million questions, but, because so much of the information they need is thru scans and Bloodwork, I knew we wouldn't walk away with a ton of information.

My Dr. was happy with my progress, which is great news. There seemed to be no sign of the tumour by feel, and that is a great thing. All that radiation has paid off!

I still have to go for an MRI and another PET scan. The PET scan is the important one. This is the scan that shows even the tiniest of specs of cancer in the body. This is the scan that picked up that there was cancer in my lymph nodes. We need to make sure that the scan comes back "Negative". That will then confirm that all of the cancer/panda cells are gone gone gone!

I won't be going for those tests for about another 6 weeks, that kind of bummed me out. There is still a possibility that there is inflammation from the radiation in my body, and we do not want any false positives in any of my scans. So, again, it's a waiting game....

Despite the great news, I left the appointment unsettled. I can't quite put my finger on why. Perhaps it's the waiting and the worry about the lymph nodes...or maybe, again,  it's the feeling of my life being on hold. I don't know...

Anyways....thats the news!

xo

3 comments:

  1. SJP! Great news - maybe you should go and buy a new handbag or shoes, perhaps that might be what feels unsettled because that's all such wonderful news my friend. On ward and upward from here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...Kate is calling :)

    ReplyDelete