Monday 26 January 2015

New Years "well time".....

Happy New Year everyone, I hope this year brings excitement and joy to all of us.

It seems a bit late to talk about Christmas and New Years holidays, but our family had a great time together over both holidays.

I would rather keep talking about holidays and stuff, but I guess I should address the "panda" in the room.  

I have only one side effect that's left from Chemo. My feet are always tender‎, mostly numb. If I step on the smallest piece of debris, it feels like glass going right into my skin, when really, I've just stepped on the crumbs of a Honey Nut Cheerio.  My toes are especially numb, I constantly have to make sure I haven't broken a toe.

I have been to the Dr twice since my last post. Everything is fine, well except for the tumors of course. To date, they haven't spread.‎ However, both visits I've been told there is no way to get rid of the cancer.

When I was first told we weren't going to do chemo right away, I thought I still had that option, sadly, now I don't, I never did.

My last visit at the Dr's, I was told to enjoy my "well time" for as long as it lasts.

Since the end of November, I've gotten back all my energy, some of my appetite, more importantly, I was well enough to start living again. I still feel this way, and will for as long as I can.

I fear, this may be one of my last or second to last posts about my journey with cancer. Just like some, who don't know what to say, I am finding it harder and harder to talk about. I'm afraid I would make a blog full of things I may not see, or places I will never go. That's not fair to you, or me.


This was a difficult blog to write, because it puts down into words what has only been spoken. This has been hard for me.

Thank you everyone for your love and support, I promise to live on my well time as long as I can.

Happy New Year
xo


s










1 comment:

  1. hmm I sent a post but it didnt show so I will type again. It said since before xmas I have not been getting your posts on my newsfeed, but have been thinking about you all the time. Today I actually remembered at the same time I was on my laptop so I looked up your blog.. Not the update I was hoping for, but I am glad you are feeling much better (except toes). I really want to connect with you, and I know we talked about some photos awhile back and would still love to do some. I don't have any upcoming shoots (well one, but no date set...its a pregnancy announcement so I wont post who....no I am not a grama lol) I am off this Friday except a small staff meeting in Langford, can I come over. I miss you. I know we haven't connected a lot since the kids were little but when we do it seems as if no time has passed...pm me or text me at 250-661-2314. I can bring Tim's!!...or we could just eat perogies

    ReplyDelete