Tuesday 4 November 2014

Remission.....

The word has so many strings attached. When I was told I was in remission,  I still felt well within the clutches of cancer. Maybe it's because I've still got chemo running thru my veins, and wreaking havoc with whatever it can within my body. That said, I don't find remission a comforting world just yet.

‎I'm all for giving the "world of remission" a break, but the real issue isn't the word remission. The important part about the word, is staying in remission.    

In general, as in right now...its been difficult, trying to go back to normal. I'm my own worst critic when I am down, and I am having trouble finding the foot work to bring myself up. I have a CT Scan coming up, as well as a Dr's appointment to go over results...no pressure there!   There really shouldn't be pressure, but for some reason I have let this really bother me.   So...I guess I am saying, I was cool when I had Cancer, but not so cool when I didn't? oh boy...I seriously need to give my head a shake.

I have been doing small things to pamper myself and my body. I treated myself to a wonderful spa day, Wow, I really really loved that. My skin is still soft like a baby's and I glow.   It made me very happy.

All the results I am waiting are coming in by the end of this week. So everyone, please keep your fingers crossed!!

xo
s




No comments:

Post a Comment