Sunday 7 September 2014

Wiggling Out...

There I stand. I'm in front of the mirror and I don't recognize the person looking back at me.  Could it really be me? I raise my hand to touch my head, yup, stranger in the mirror does too. Staring back at me, is me...just different, just without hair. I still have wisps in some places, totally bald in other places, and growth in small patches....real cute.

I hide under a black touque at home full time now, it makes me feel safe and comforted, but it was getting to that point a few weeks ago that I had to start shopping around for wigs. Obviously I was not going to be able to rock a bald head during treatment, but kudos to those who do.

My mom and I went with a name she got from a friend. I was not looking forward to the appointment, I didn't want to try on a bunch of wigs to try and mask my hair loss, I just wanted my hair back. When we got to the studio, I was pleasantly surprised, we were given a lesson more on what type of wig we should get rather then try on pink mohawk wigs. From what I learned that day, there is no excuse for bad wigs people....no excuse.

Once we decided from the choices, hand sewn, machine made, laced panels, real hair, fake hair, we then had to decide on color. Since I still had some of my hair left, we were able to match my color perfectly, the selection of natural colors for the wigs were great, there weren't 5 to choose from, there were 25. I was really impressed. We decided on a rather universal style of wig, an inverted bob that looks good on everyone. I could have gone for longer, but why lug all that hair around if it wasn't mine? I was happy with my choice, happy with what I learned, even happier that I would have my new wig in a week.

When I went back, I was nervous of course. I was looking forward to "looking" like I had hair again, but I was nervous that it was going to look fake or just not me.

If you haven't heard the news of the hot blonde with an awesome hair do walking around Victoria....then you must be reading the wrong stuff!

I'm really happy with my new wig. It's something to get used to, that's for sure, but I'm really happy I have the option.  

Happy hair do's people!

xo
s

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are happy with your new "do". (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete